Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] AIS data on SeaTalkNG Network
05-19-20, 07:42 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-20 11:36 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] AIS data on SeaTalkNG Network
I am trying to get AIS to show up on my e95 Chartplotter through the Seatalk-ng network. I have run the AIS output of my Standard Horizon GX2150 to the high speed input of a Noland multiplexer and the high speed output of the Noland to an Actisense NGW-1 converter. That runs into the Seatalk network, but I don't see any AIS targets on the e95 even when the GX2150 shows targets nearby. Any suggestions as to why this is not working? Thanks- Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-20, 11:53 PM
RE: [TG11] AIS data on SeaTalkNG Network
Hello Dave,

If you have a look at the [url=https://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=1890]e95' NMEA2000 diagnostic page, do you see any messages where the Message column's first block of 8 characters all together (that is then followed by 8 pairs of characters separated by spaces) has, as the middle 4 characters, any of the following:
Code:
F80E
F80F
F810
F811
Don't worry about the 2 characters before or 2 after this in that column, all we're interested in is the middle 4, so for example you might see a Message row that starts something like 19F80F01 followed by 8 more pairs of characters.

If you see any of these, these are AIS messages and I would check to make sure that you have the AIS Layer enabled on your chart display.
If you don't see any of those messages then I would see what diagnostics the Actisense or NoLand interfaces offer through their setup software. Or get an NMEA2000 AIS.

If in doubt, save a log of your NMEA2000 data using the instructions on that page and post it back here.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply