Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving waypoints error
06-13-16, 03:40 PM
Saving waypoints error
I went to backup my classic E120 with the same compact flash card I have used for a long time and got this error. I tried to backup just a single track as well as all my waypoints and got the same error so I don't think card is full. Any ideas ?

[Image: A052E2A1-4EE6-46ED-B795-549DF9DB86E4_zpsjovgz6q7.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-16, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-16 03:13 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Saving waypoints error
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dpdash,

The reported symptom may be indicative of any of the following:
- failure of the MFD's memory card reader ... test by inserting a compatible Navionics chart card into the MFD's memory card reader and then verifying that the MFD's Chart application can display detailed cartography from the chart card. In case of a failure of the MFD's memory card reader, the MFD will need to be serviced by Raymarine’s Product Repair Center.
- failure of / incompatible the CF memory card ... test the MFD's ability to export waypoint/route/track data to another compatible CF memory card. As has been specified within the FAQ found here, it is strongly recommended that should one not possess a CF memory card which has been previously used to successfully update one's product, that a compatible CF memory card, populated with the software update files for one's A-Series Classic MFD, C-Series Classic MFD, E-Series Classic MFD, RC400, RC435/RC435i be ordered from Radar Marine.
- corruption of the MFD's internal waypoint/route/track memory ... verification may be performed by commanding the MFD to transfer all waypoints and routes via the MFD's NMEA 0183 communications interface (the MFD's NMEA 0183 interface need not be interfaced to any other device to perform this test). Should the MFD report failure, then MFD's internal waypoint/route/track memory would be deemed to have been corrupted. Perform a System Settings & Data Reset (also known as a Factory Reset operation) to correct this problem ... this will erase the MFD's internal waypoint/route/track data and restore the MFD's settings to their factory defaults
06-14-16, 02:13 PM
Navionics card reads fine, I've ordered another card to try. If that doesn't do it , I have to do a factory reset and lose all my data? I haven't lost anything yet, is there another way to save what I have?
06-14-16, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-16 03:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dpdash,

Q1. If that (replacing the CF memory card) doesn't do it , I have to do a factory reset and lose all my data?
A1. A factory reset operation will cause all waypoint/route/track data stored within the MFD to be erased. The other option is to transfer the waypoints and routes via NMEA 0183 communications protocol to another chartplotting product (preferably from Raymarine) supporting NMEA 0183 waypoint/route transfer. Alternatively, transfer the waypoints and routes via NMEA 0183 communications protocol to computer running a navigational planning application supporting NMEA 0183 waypoint/route transfer (ex. a licensed instance of RayTech RNS 6.2, RosePoint, etc.). When interfaced via Ethernet communications protocol, it is also possible to transfer waypoint/route data to a PC running a licensed instance of RayTech RNS 6.2 software.

Q2. I haven't lost anything yet, is there another way to save what I have?