Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom - Fuel Remaining shows ---, why?
03-27-20, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-20 10:27 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Axiom - Fuel Remaining shows ---, why?
This is a new Axiom 9 installation and the Fuel Remaining shows --- (dashes), why ?
I have set the Total Fuel Capacity to 640 litres
I have set the Fuel Calculation to use PGN 127489 using data from Yacht Devices Engine Gateways (2 x YDES04 from twin KAMD300) on the same N2K network as the Axiom.
I have set 'all tanks' Full

So why doesn't the estimated Fuel remaing show 640 litres ?

On the N2K network there is also a Yacht Devices Voyage Recorder (YDVR04) which is receiving the fuel rate from each engine - so I know that the Engine Gateways are sending the data.
The Axiom also shows a total fuel used of 1.9 litres, so it is getting the fuel rate from the network.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-20, 12:43 PM
RE: Axiom - Fuel Remaining shows ---, why?
Having now done a trip of 10+ M the fuel remaing shows the correct value. So after initially switching on Fuel Manager a low level of usage (such as 1-2 litres from the engines at low speed) doesn't calculate the Fuel remaining - it takes some subtantive usage for it to get going. This really should be in the guidance for this feature.
Still it's now resolved
05-21-20, 10:32 PM
RE: [TG11] Axiom - Fuel Remaining shows ---, why?
Hello Dave,

Sorry for the delay replying.

The MFDs need to see a certain amount (I thought it was 1 litre but perhaps it's a little higher) in order to start updating the estimated/calculated fuel values. At low fuel burn rates this can indeed take quite a while. I agree that this should probably be made clear in the operation manual. In most cases it's not an issue because burn rates are high-enough that small usage doesn't take long to go through and data appears quickly.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.