Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] st6001 auto operates clutch but "no comp"
05-23-20, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-20 01:33 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] st6001 auto operates clutch but "no comp"
auto button from both control head and wireless remote fails to move the rudder but the clutch operates and locks the wheel. The display says "no comp". The rudder reference sensor measures out ok as does the type 1 ram. The course comp fails to put voltage out on the motor leads but when I disconnect the motor leads and apply voltage the ram moves the rudder fine. Also the head unit shows no rudder bar (the option is on). This failure started over night. Is the head unit bad or the computer?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-20, 01:37 AM
RE: [TG11] st6001 auto operates clutch but "no comp"
Hello sailalibi2.0,

Very possibly neither. 'No comp' means no compass, which indicates a Course Computer fault (I can't see what model you have) or more likely the fluxgate compass. Fluxgates have a number of very fine wire windings and are prone to brittle breaks after many years of movement in their gimbals.

If you test your fluxgate, I suspect you will find that one of the measurements reads short-circuit or open-circuit, which will prove that it is the fluxgate.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply