Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom MDF capable of doing fuel data management?
05-26-20, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-20 11:45 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Axiom MDF capable of doing fuel data management?
I’m networked and getting fuel flow and all that good stuff but struggling with setting up my fuel tank, I’m doing anything in the settings I can see but tank remains at 0%?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-20, 12:15 AM
RE: [TG11] Axiom MDF capable of doing fuel data management?
Hello Capshorts,

Can you send us a screenshot of your current fuel manager setup?
Can you also tell us where exactly you're seeing that 0% value?\

The Fuel Manager doesn't generate data for the Tank Level readings: tank data comes in over NMEA2000 (in the Fluid Level PGN, 127505). What the Fuel Manager calculates and displays is the value Estimated Fuel Remaining. To see a value for Estimated Fuel Remaining, the basic requirements are:
  1. Have fuel usage data coming in over NMEA2000 in either one of the two supported message types
  2. In Home > My Data > Fuel/trip > Fuel set-up, enable the Fuel Manager
  3. Set the tank capacity in the same place, and if you need to, select which message type to get fuel data from (if you don't need to change this, don't, but if in doubt the Detect fuel messages button at the bottom can read what your engine/sensor is transmitting.)
  4. Brim the tank and press Set all tanks full on the Fuel trip page.
  5. Display the Estimated Fuel Remaining, Distance to empty or Time to empty values in a data item overlay on any page or in the Dashboard app.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply