Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] GPS Data Conflict
05-26-20, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-20 12:50 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] GPS Data Conflict
I have an Axiom 9 MFD and a Camino AIS unit that is tied into the Seatalk NG network. The system worked fine until recently, when I upgraded to the most recent Lighthouse 3 software version and removed an external GPS antenna (which I thought was unused) from the system. The Axiom 9 now loses satellite fix. When I look at the satellite data page, the Axiom 9 is switching between the internal GPS receiver and the Camino AIS GPS antenna and losing signal in the process. I have the button selected for the Axiom to use its internal satellite receiver and that is the data source selected for GPS data. If I disconnect the Camino from the Seatalk NG system, the problem is resolved - the Axiom connects with up to 18 satellites and holds the fix. How can I get the Axiom to ignore the GPS data coming from the Camino AIS unit? Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-20, 12:57 AM
RE: [TG11] GPS Data Conflict
Hello Claygr,

That's exactly what should happen if you make a manual data source selection. Could you toggle the GPS data source selection between manual and auto and back to manual again, to just to make sure that manual definitely is being used, and then if you're still having problems, post back here:
  1. a short video of the problem in your display's GPS satellite status page, where you're seeing the satellites-in-view
  2. a screenshot or photo of the contents of your Data Sources > GPS page
  3. the diagnostic data file saved to your card when you do Home > Settings > Network > View all product info > Save data (or, failing that, photos/screenshots of the contents of that page)
  4. If possible, a [url=https://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=6849]recording of your NMEA2000 data[/i], so that we can replay that data into a test system and replicate the problem.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply