Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] SeaTalk 1 Integration to i50 Tridata
05-28-20, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-20 01:59 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] SeaTalk 1 Integration to i50 Tridata
I am looking to replace an older ST60 Tridata instrument with the current i50 Tridata. The ST60 is currently powered via a SeaTalk 1 cable from a ST4000+ autopilot and from the ST60 Tridata it is further daisy chained to a ST50 wind via an E Series to SeaTalk converter cable.

Can I continue this power/data setup using a 3 pin SeaTalk/SeaTalkng adaptor from the ST4000+ to the new i50 Tridata and an ESeries/SeaTalkng adaptor from the i50 to the ST50 wind?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-20, 02:06 AM
RE: [TG11] SeaTalk 1 Integration to i50 Tridata
Hello Richard,

I'm not sure how you're using that Eseries-STNG cable (A06061?), I wouldn't expect you to be able to connect that to ST50 except by cutting and splicing, but perhaps it happens to fit the ST50's round 3-pin Seatalk through coincidence?

That aside, yes, you can continue your existing ST1 daisy-chain using 3-pin to 6-pin adaptors. This will then be a pure ST1 system.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply