Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] GS195 MFD's as master unit?
05-28-20, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-20 01:02 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] GS195 MFD's as master unit?
By my guess the GS195 running LH3 is a bit memory challenged and randomly reboots when tasked heavily. But this only seems to happen on the master in a series of 4 units with all the bells and whistle appendages.

Need to reconfigure a helm and add another display, so this is the time to ask, am I better served switching to a different unit for this addition and have it serve as the master going forward, relying on these Gs195's as slaves? Would that be more stable, reliable?

Or am I well served with the Gs195 series, stick with it, and perhaps either somehow add memory or consider stepping back to the LH2? Is the LH2 still being maintained by the programmers going forward if this is the best path?

Thank you in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-20, 01:27 AM
RE: [TG11] GS195 MFD's as master unit?
Hello rtrafford,

Yes, the Axiom range (Axiom, Axiom Pro, Axiom XL) are much more powerful than gS and if you're running LH3 in the system then it would be a good idea to have an Axiom do the bulk of the work. This could be any of the Axiom range, from an Axiom 7 upward, and I would expect better results from the system afterwards.

Alternatively you could roll back to LH2. LH2 v19.03 is the final release for that software, there will be no updates, but it's mature and full-featured and personally I don't recommend anyone going from LH2 to LH3 on eS or gS MFDs unless they need compatibility with an Axiom they're adding into the system. The current LH3 (v3.11.42) is in fact the last release of LH3 that will support the eS and gS hardware platform - as you've found, we're already pushing that hardware to its limits and from here, making LH3 run on that hardware would limit future software development too much.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply