Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Ev 150
05-28-20, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-20 02:25 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Ev 150
I have an ev150 that veers off course at speeds higher than 3 knots. I've talked to several techs and have gone through all the systems updates verified hard over verified ev1 sensor deviation verified proper hydraulic pump for seastar ram verified I've been twice transferred from the tech to a supervisor where I left messages and still haven't got a call back in a nutshell I'm begging for someone to help me please.
Al swenson (651 214 3038)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-20, 02:35 AM
RE: [TG11] Ev 150
Hello Al,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble, and that you've had difficulty reaching the right person in Support. I'm in Australia and not in the right timezone to call you, but I thought I would pick up your question to see what I can do to help.

When we get the occasional troublesome autopilot issue here in Aus, what I always ask for is a recording of NMEA2000 traffic when the pilot is in use and not performing. These log files contain heading versus COG, STW vs SOG, demanded rudder vs actual/virtual rudder and rate-of-turn, BTW, DTW etc., all in real-time. This lets us either play back your recording into our test systems and 'watch' your sea-trial, or graph various data streams to examine in detail the interactions between the sensor data, course-keeping decisions and drive output.

I will draw your post to the attention of a colleague in the US and as for someone to call you, but in the meantime, if you would like me to talk about how to capture some NMEA2000 data, I would be happy to look at your recording and see if I can see what's wrong. I have a lot of confidence in the Evolution autopilots, and a fair amount of experience at remotely diagnosing issues (Australia's a big place too) so I think I can help if you would like to go that way.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply