Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Element fish alarm and icon
05-28-20, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-20 01:29 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Element fish alarm and icon
Hey Guys, how are you? I hope well

I read on manual about fish icon and detection sensitivity functions, and i have some doubts.

1) When I enable Fish icon function - the icons is proportional with the real size of the fish? i.e two fish on my screen, and the real sizes of the fishes are 0,5m and 1,0m the icons will show one bigger than other?

2) Detection sensitivy - how higher value, Element will show bigger fishes or smaller fishes?

Thanks in advance

Felipe Muniz
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-20, 01:37 AM
RE: [TG11] Element fish alarm and icon
Hello Felipe,

Because it's not possible to tell for sure whether an echo is a large fish on the weaker fringes of the transducer beam, a school of smaller fish or one single smaller fish, it's not possible to (accurately and informatively) scale the fish icon. We only use 1 size.

If you increase the Detection Sensitivity then you will get alerts from weaker targets (smaller fish or only those in the centre of the transducer beam.) If you set the Sensitivity threshold lower then you will get beeps on stronger echoes.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
06-08-20, 09:50 AM
RE: [TG11] Element fish alarm and icon
Tom,

Almost all client ask about that.

thank you