Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Connecting a Fusion RA70 with NMEA2000 port to an Axiom Pro?
05-29-20, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-20 09:12 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Connecting a Fusion RA70 with NMEA2000 port to an Axiom Pro?
From what I read in one of your FAQ threads above, it sounds like it's as easy as running an NMEA2000 cable from the Fusion RA70 and using a Seatalk to NMEA2000 adapter and simply plugging it into an open port on the existing 5-port Seatalk connector. Am I reading that correctly?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-20, 09:30 PM
RE: [TG11] Connecting a Fusion RA70 with NMEA2000 port to an Axiom Pro?
Hello Grady330,

That's right. Just make sure that the Fusion isn't outputting power to STNG/NMEA2000, since it's important to only have a single point of power and some Fusion stereos (I don't know if the RA70 is amongst them) can/do output what they refer to as NRX Power. Multiple points of power, particularly if one of them is a switchmode supply, can cause reliability issues.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply