Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] 4kw color HD radar not connecting to new axiom MFD
05-29-20, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-20 09:39 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] 4kw color HD radar not connecting to new axiom MFD
I am replacing e120 classic mfds in my system and I replaced the hs network switch with raynet. Now, my 4kw HD color radar (mod#e52069, sn#70128) (loses connection during warm up. It displays an ip address, board revision numbers: IF board 1.24, MOD board 1.04 ect, but when I go to start it, it loses the connection. I was assured by raymarine prior to purchasing the axioms that my radar was compatible. How can I fix this? I have called raymarine several times and get different answers every time. Is this radar even compatible with Axioms (3.11.42 software version) running lighthouse 3? Do I need to update the radar, if so how?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-20, 10:28 PM
RE: [TG11] 4kw color HD radar not connecting to new axiom MFD
Hello Offshoretom,

An E52069 HD Digital open array radar is compatible with Axiom displays, but does need to be running one of the recent software versions (the latest was v2.25). From memory v1.24 was the first release.

Do you still have the E120s on board? You can upgrade the software through those but not unfortunately through the Axiom, which is why the software isn't made available on our website. Raymarine Service Dealers have access to the software - do you have one of these nearby?
One thing though, I would recommend testing that the radar works with the E120s before spending too much time on the software. In my experience the problem you'd be more likely to see if it were a software issue would be that the radar would go into Transmit mode and you simply wouldn't see any targets. If the radar stops communicating as soon as you press Transmit then that sounds more like radar power supply (voltage drop, corroded connector or an ailing VCM100 voltage booster) than software to me. You do still need to do the software, but don't attempt a software update in a system with a potential power supply or connection issue as you could 'brick' the radar with an interrupted/failed software update.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply