Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Garmin P79S > Raymarine Seatalk
05-30-20, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-20 11:39 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Garmin P79S > Raymarine Seatalk
Hello,
We’d like to connect a Garmin/Airmar P79 NMEA 2000 in hull smart transducer to the Raymarine Seatalk network in our current boat? If possible how is it done?
Note that I searched through the forum and gained a little incite but not an actual answer.
Thanks
Ray
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-20, 11:43 PM
RE: [TG11] Garmin P79S > Raymarine Seatalk
Hello Ray,

Assuming your network is SeatalkNG, not actual Seatalk (which dates from the 1990s and has no relationship to NMEA2000) then yes, you can connect other NMEA2000 devices via a Devicenet-STNG adaptor cable (A06045 or A06075.)

Where you might run into issues is calibration: a Raymarine display may not be able to set the Depth Offset in a non-Raymarine-supplied transducer. I don't know whether the calibration software is the same for that as for a Raymarine DST800 Smart type, which you would normally calibrate via an i70S instrument.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply