Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] st4000+plus stand alone?
06-03-20, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-20 12:27 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] st4000+plus stand alone?
have ray st4000+plus wheel pilot mk 1 drive w/ fluxgate compass.
has been working ok

added rudder ref now get "stlk failure" message

there is no st net connection. it is stand alone. why am i getting this message?

thanks for any insight

bucky
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-20, 12:33 AM
RE: [TG11] st4000+plus stand alone?
Hello bucky,

That's a good question. Personally I don't recall coming across that before. Does the system start working again if you unplug the rudder reference? There's definitely nothing connected to either Seatalk terminal?
Possibly a faulty rudder-reference would pull down the voltage rails and cause an ST FAIL message (I don't think it would), but I think it's more likely that the rudder reference is ok and the ST4000+ is faulty and applying a little load to the RR input is causing a failure in the ST comms circuit.

If the ST4000+ has failed then your options would be to do without RR, or replace the pilot with a modern EV100-Wheel system. The ST4000+ is too old to be repaired now.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply