Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Ray60 low voltage
06-01-20, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-20 12:58 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Ray60 low voltage
I have a Ray60 which I have a on going problem with it displaying low voltage. I checked the wiring over In the winter and it all seems ok. I thought it was ok but after transmitting a couple of times on the boat yesterday the message came up again. The radio still operates ok. I did read something about increasing the sensitivity? Any help would be good.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-20, 01:08 AM
RE: [TG11] Ray60 low voltage
Hello twrharris,

The latest software for the Ray60 adjusts the voltage alert threshold, but if you weren't previously seeing this warning and now you are then the voltage reaching the radio under load (when transmitting) probably is indeed on the low side. Connections that look ok can still restrict current and therefore cause a voltage drop once load is applied.

I would recommend both updating the radio to the latest software, and also measuring to see what the minimum voltage is that you see at the radio's power connection, when transmitting. I suspect this is dipping because of a high-resistance connection up-stream of there.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply