Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Connect LH3 gS8 to Boat’s wi-fi
06-02-20, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-20 02:13 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Connect LH3 gS8 to Boat’s wi-fi
I have two gS 9 MFDs on my boat with the latest LH3 installed. I have a wifi network in my boat. In previous versions I was able of connecting the MFDs to the wi-if network hence software updates and chart updates downloaded via wi-fi. Now I can only confiigure the display’s wi-if but I’m not able of connecting the MFDs to the boat’s wi-fi.
In the Software Update section the only option available is updating via SD Card.
Thanks for your help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-20, 02:18 AM
RE: [TG11] Connect LH3 gS8 to Boat’s wi-fi
Hello Fernandezdiego,

The eS and gS build of LH3 does not include the capability to do software updates over Wifi. This is by design, so that we can make sure that users see warnings/information about running LH3 on that platform (like with the original installation of LH3) via our website, rather than the MFD's own internal upgrade process which can't display the same information. The main reason why you'd have LH3 on an eS or gS MFD is for compatibility with Axiom displays and of course Axioms do have the over-the-air update capability so you would normally do the system upgrade through the Axioms.

If you only have gS-series MFDs then I'm afraid you need to use a card for the upgrade.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply