Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Satellite signal lost eS7
06-03-20, 05:42 PM
Satellite signal lost eS7
Hi..

I am constantly getting this message, each 3 mins maybe less, "Satellite Signal lost", I also tried disconnecting the internal GPS but I am still getting this message. Here you have a screenshot.

Also I would like to know why in this screen I can't see Satellites, is just a feature for Axiom?

Could you please help me?..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-20, 02:28 AM
RE: Satellite signal lost eS7
Hello Kala,

The text via STNG (31) on the Satellite Status page means that the eS is getting its GPS data from SeatalkNG/NMEA2000, from a device with NMEA2000 Address 31. If you go to Home > Settings > Network > Diagnostics > View all product info, you can see what device it is that has that address. It looks like that device, whatever it is, is not transmitting satellite status information. If the data was on NMEA2000 then the eS would show it, it's not just an Axiom feature.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
06-12-20, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-20 02:35 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Satellite signal lost eS7
Hi Tom

Thanks for your reply, please take a look to the pictures maybe you can understand something!!..
Another question, is there a way to override that alarm? it is very annoying and I canĀ“t find how to stop it and i have to turn off the mfd..

Hope you'll be able to help me!
06-16-20, 02:46 AM
RE: Satellite signal lost eS7
Hi Kala,

Thanks, those photos show exactly what is going on. The device that I mentioned in my previous message, address 31, that is being listed as the source of GPS data is your Camino-108 AIS: if you look in the Address/Direccion column in NMEA Devices and Messages you will see the Hexadecimal address number 1f, which is 31 in decimal (you can see this in the Calculator app on your PC, if you put it into Programmer mode, or use an online hex-to-decimal convertor.) This proves that the AIS is the source of GPS data that we saw in your first lot of photos.

Your SPX5 autopilot is blocking the manual selection of a GPS data source because it is a little too old to know about data source selection, but if you:
  1. temporarily unplug or power down your SPX5
  2. go to Data Sources > GPS and manually select the eS7's internal GPS as the source
  3. power on or plug in the SPX5 again
your problem should be solved.

Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.