Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
switch over
06-14-16, 10:23 PM
switch over
I had an old c120 unit with a DSM30. Im replacing it with a C127. Where can i find a layout of the cable hookups.I got the transducer extension cable but do i still need to go through the DSM30 unit, if so where can i find how to hookup all the cables.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-16, 09:57 AM
RE: switch over
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Grandsport29,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to replace an C-Series Classic MFD with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. As the ax7, cx7, e7D, ex7, and eSx7 MFDs feature internal 600W 50/200kHz sounder circuitry, the DSM30 may be eliminated from systems where one of these MFDs will be used. The transducer will be disconnected from the DSM, will be mate to an E66066 Transducer Adapter and then the adapted transducer will be interfaced the the MFD's Transducer socket.
06-20-16, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-16 08:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for all the info. One more question. the GPS antenna, do I still need that or can I still hook it up to the new C127.
06-21-16, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-16 08:44 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Grandsport29,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing whether the MFD will need to be interfaced to a GPS sensor. If supplied with the make/model of GPS sensor which had been used with the C120 MFD, then it may be possible to specify how that GPS sensor may instead be interfaced to an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.
06-27-16, 07:01 PM
Question. The positive and negative wires for my old C120 where so much thicker than the ones on my new C127. is that normal. Also on my old C120 i had a DSM30. with the new C127 where would i hook up the GPS antenna cable to the new unit.
06-28-16, 08:25 AM
Grandsport29,

Q1. The positive and negative wires for my old C120 where so much thicker than the ones on my new C127. is that normal?
A1. Yes. As the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs are not designed to power a radome, the power cable of these MFDs feature lighter power leads.

Q2. My old C120 i had a DSM30. with the new C127 where would i hook up the GPS antenna cable to the new unit?
A2. In order to address this question, it will be necessary for you to specify the make/model of GPS sensor which is presently interfaced to the C120 MFD. A photo of the GPS sensor may be sufficient to identify it.
06-28-16, 04:36 PM
is the GPS sensor the small dome shape on my tee top
06-28-16, 04:38 PM
One more question.....to set the time and date on the c127 ???? I looked it up and it says " go to page 133 ". and all page 133 says is that the time and date can be set......thanks....but id like to know how to set the time and date.
06-29-16, 12:02 PM
Grandsport29,

Q1: is the GPS sensor the small dome shape on my tee top.
A1: It will have an appearance akin to this (may vary base on make/model of GPS sensor):

[Image: 13178280.jpg]

Q2: The system's GPS sensor provides the system with UTC (formerly referred to as GMT) date/time. The MFD's configuration settings include one for a local time offset which will be applied to the UTC time to determine local date/time.
07-02-16, 10:25 PM
Which connection on my C120 MFD does my GPS antenna connect to. Also which would that be on my C127.