Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
switch over
07-05-16, 09:41 AM
RE: switch over
Grandsport29,

Within the manufacturing/sale period of the C-Series Classic MFDs, Raymarine offered GPS sensors which were designed to be interfaced to via SeaTalk to the MFDs and others which had been designed to be interfaced via NMEA 0183 to the MFDs. In order to address your question, it will be necessary for you to specify the make/model of GPS sensor which is installed onboard your boat and how it has been interfaced to your system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-16, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-16 10:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
NMEA connection
The NMEA cable from my RAY 49 VHF radio, does that need to be connected to my new C127 unit. Ever since i installed the C127 my vhf radio is not working right., no weather channels, all i get is squelch and to transmitting. if the NMEA does need to be connected to the c127 how and where does is connect. thanks
12-12-16, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-16 11:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: switch over
Grandsport29,

DSC VHF radios must be interfaced to a source of GPS data in order to include your vessel's coordinates within DSC transmissions (connect the MFD's NMEA 0183 OUT+ lead to the VHF radio's NMEA 0183 IN+ lead; additionally connect the MFD's NMEA 0183 OUT- lead to the VHF radio's NMEA 0183 IN- lead). It is not necessary to interface a DSC VHF radio to a source of GPS data to receiver VHF and Weather transmissions. While I suspect that the problem reported is indicative of a failure within the Ray49's receiver circuitry, the problem may be fault isolated by unplugging the MFD's power cable ... should the problem persist, then the Ray49 VHF Radio should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. However, should the problem abate when the MFD's power cable is unplugged, then it would indicate that the MFD is emitting RF energy which is interfering with the VHF radio. It is generally recommend that VHF communications equipment not be installed within 3' of marine electronics. That said, it is sometimes necessary to do so. Often RF emissions may be squelched by installing up to six RF chokes on the emitting product's power cable (as close as is permissible to the product's plug). Should application of RF chokes not correct the problem of a Raymarine product emitting stray RF energy, then the Raymarine product may be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.