Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Integrating new components with older ones
06-01-20, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-20 12:24 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Integrating new components with older ones
I just purchased a 2000 Sea Ray 410 Sundancer with a full compliment of Raymarine electronics including Radar, GPS and AutoPilot. All of the systems are original to the boat and the chartplotter currently will not get a fix. I would like to upgrade the GPS/Chartplotter to a new Axiom 9 or 12 but wondering if any of the other systems will still be compatible/usable? Does anyone have any experience with this that could give me some advice, tips, etc?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-20, 12:32 AM
RE: [TG11] Integrating new components with older ones
Hello dg1213,

We try pretty hard to be backwards-compatible. The radar won't be (analogue radar), and the GPS is probably not worth retaining (the built-in GPS in an Axiom will be much better) but the autopilot should be compatible through a low-cost Seatalk1 to SeatalkNG convertor. If you can tell me what other components you may have, I can confirm about those.

To replace the radar you can use a Quantum or Quantum Doppler radar scanner. This can communicate wirelessly with the display so that you can re-use the existing cable for power (cut and splice with the new radar's cable) to simplify the installation.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply