Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD update my other networked Raymarine products?
01-14-16, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-17 11:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)

With the introduction of the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD v15.59 software update, the downloaded zip file now contains software update files to update the additional Raymarine products. Should one examine the contents of the software update zip file, they will find several files titled xxx_ReleaseNotes.txt (where [censored] will be replaced with ray_Adapters, Ray_Fishfinders, etc.). These text files identify the specific products and the versions of software included therein. At the time of this response, the follow product software updates were included within the v15.59 zip software update file:
- other networked a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs
- i50, i60, i70 Instrument Displays
- iTC-5 Analog Instrument Converter
- ECI-100 Engine Gateway
- SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter
- CP100, CP200, CP370 Sounder Modules
- CCU (EV-1, EV-2 Sensor Cores)
- ACU100, ACU200, ACU300, ACU400 Actuator Control Units
- P70, P70R Autopilot Control Heads
- RMK-9 Remote Keypad
- RAY50, RAY60, Ray70 VHF Radio

After updating the MFD's software to v15.59, should the microSD card containing the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD v15.59 software update files be inserted into the MFD's memory card reader, then the MFD compare the software versions of networked devices to the versions of corresponding device software on the microSD memory card. The MFD will then prompt the operator that software updates are available for products within the system and then present a dialog whereby the user may select which devices are to be updated.

It should additionally be noted that Raymarine a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs which have been updated with v15.59 or later a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software and have been configured to connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot though which the MFD may access Raymarine's website may then be commanded to Check Online for Updates (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->CHECK ONLINE FOR UPDATES). This new software update will be particularly useful for those lacking a computer, microSD memory card, memory card reader/writer, and corresponding computer skills necessary to populate a microSD memory card with software update files.

Software downloads for retired Raymarine MFDs do not include software update files to update other networked devices.

RAYFAQ#
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed