Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
connection RS130 GPS to C70 Classic system
06-16-16, 02:17 PM
connection RS130 GPS to C70 Classic system
Need some guidance... I had a problem with my old RS125 GPS antenna that fed my C70 Classic, no position fix on the C70. All other components worked fine ie., the C70, ST60 speed and depth and the lights on the RS125 flickered without any consistent pattern. I am trying to connect the new RS130 but of course it has the SeatalkNG connection whereas the C70 has the old Seatalk 3 pin connections. I also have a newer XP30 autopilot controller the is interfaced with the Seatalk system to which I connected the new RS130 antenna. I have a great green blinking light on the RS 130 but still no fix on the chartplotter. Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-16, 02:57 PM
RE: connection RS130 GPS to C70 Classic system
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum sailndoug,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
06-22-16, 01:31 PM
(06-16-16 02:57 PM)Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  Welcome to the Raymarine Forum sailndoug,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Chuck, If I upgrade my C70 MFD to an eS78 with Chirp and wifi, will my RD18 radar work as a "plug-n-play" or will I need extra cable/converter, etc. I believe my ST60 instruments will match up OK based on the information you sent.
Thank You, Doug
06-22-16, 02:08 PM
Doug,

Radar scanners featuring analog video interfaces which are compatible with C-Series Classic MFDs (ex. RD218, RD424 and –S versions of the 2D, 4D, 5S, 7S, 9S, and 11S radomes and open array pedestals) are not compatible with the new a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. Analog radar scanners are most easily identified by their white radar cables. However, these radar scanners are highly regarded in the recreational marine electronics industry and have value for those seeking to replace or add radar to a system featuring a hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Radar Display, C-Series Classic MFD, or E-Series Classic MFD. As such, it is generally recommended the currently installed radar be sold privately (ex. ebay, Craigs List, etc.) where you may well find that it may be sold for a fair portion of their original retail price due to the fact that these radar scanners are no longer manufactured.

In order to use an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD's radar features, the MFD must be interfaced to a Quantum/Digital/HD Digital Radome or HD/SuperHD Open Array Radar Scanner. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.