Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ev-100 wheel pilot
06-18-16, 06:14 PM
ev-100 wheel pilot
need help on this. I installed a new wheel pilot last year with back bone system. it appeared to work well all season. First time out this year the pilot was swinging bath and forth quarter turn on the wheel. sea state was not bad. declutched and was able to control steering very easily. turned auto back on but did not cut in clutch and hand steered a straight line. pilot motor started immediately swinging back and forth again. I originally thought this was oversteering and trying to correct itself. changed from cruser, to leisure cruser to performance mode but same outcome.

What else can I check.

Thanks for the help.

Scott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-16, 10:07 AM
RE: ev-100 wheel pilot
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Scott,

Has the autopilot (via SeaTalkng backbone) been interfaced to a source of speed through water data (ex. i50 Speed/Tridata)? If so, have you verified that the speed though water sensor is functioning properly? Has the autopilot been interfaced to a MFD or chartplotting product ... if so, state the make/model? Has a rudder reference transducer been interfaced to the ACU-100? What versions of software are installed within the autopilot control head, ACU-100, and EV-1 Sensor Core (MENU->SET-UP->DIAGNOSTICS->ABOUT SYSTEM)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply