Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i70 transducer calibration through iTC-5
06-21-16, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-22-16 09:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: i70 transducer calibration through iTC-5
Hi Chuck,
The iTC-5 is connected to one end of the backbone as a backbone component with a terminator in the other backbone socket. I have a blanking plug in the spur socket. Near this end of the backbone is a 5-way connector with short (15") spurs to an AIS650, an ACU-100, and EV-1.

The STng backbone is being powered through a 5-way connector on the opposite end of the backbone from the iTC-5. The 5-way has a terminator plug on one end. The 5-way also has two short spurs (15") to an a95 and p70. The i70 is daisy-chained to the p70 with another short (15") spur and has a blanking plug in the second socket. So, the total spur length to the i70 is around 30 inches.

Total backbone length is about 30 feet. I'm working on drawing up a schematic.

I'm headed to the boat tomorrow and plan on moving power to the middle of the backbone to see if that helps. If I'm reading the SeaTalkng Reference Manual right, it indicates an unbalanced backbone less than 66 ft with a total LEN less than 40 is OK, but it can't hurt to try. My Raymarine components have a total LEN of 13. There's a Garmin GPS near the middle of the backbone on a device net adapter. Since it has its own power I assume the LEN for that would probably be 1.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: i70 transducer calibration through iTC-5 - Dave - 06-21-16 07:22 PM