Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E series master and slave
06-18-16, 09:50 PM
E series master and slave
The flybridge slave e series keep powering up on it's own. You know it's on when the alarm goes off saying there is no master. Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-16, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-16 02:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: E series master and slave
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Edge,

A best practice for marine electronics installation is to install sufficient circuits to support operation of critical system components in the event of a major power circuit or system component failure. Also, careful thoughts to any unique uses of the equipment (ex. monitoring the VHF radio while at anchor, instrument anchor watch, etc.) should be considered when selecting required marine electronics devices and creating power circuits. Finally, an understanding of dependencies can also aid in determining which devices should be included within the same circuit (ex. the HS5 RayNet Network Switch is only needed when the MFD(s) will be powered ON and as such, would make sense to include within the same power circuit). As Raymarine MFD's and i50/i60/i70 Instrument Displays support a last power state memory feature, the equipment may be switched ON/OFF from a single location (i.e. the breaker/switch panel), eliminating the need to switch ON/OFF equipment via each product's POWER button. This can be especially convenient in larger systems. In system's having a second steering station, it would not be uncommon to have marine electronics power circuits dedicated to that station ... you may want to consider installation of a dedicated power circuit for the flybridge.

The last power state memory feature of the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, i50/i60/i70 Instrument Displays (operating with the latest available Raymarine product software updates) and Dragonfly displays functions as follows:
- should the product be in the ON state and should the circuit supplying the product be de-energized, then the product will return to the ON state when the circuit is re-energized.
- should the product in the OFF state and should the circuit supplying the product be de-energized, then the product will remain in the OFF state when the circuit is re-energized. Pressing the POWER button of the product will return it to the ON state.

When powering a MFD OFF via it POWER button, the button should be pressed until the Raymarine by FLIR splash screen is displayed. Holding the MFD's POWER button pressed for longer than has been specified may cause the MFD to rebooot. Finally, the last power state memory feature described above requires that the circuit supplying power to a MFD which will been switched OFF its POWER button remain energized for approximately 1 minute after logo displayed on the MFD has cleared from the screen. Should the power circuit supplying the MFD(s) be de-energized sooner, then the MFD may be unable save its last power state into its memory, causing the MFD to return the ON state when the circuit is re-energized.

Should the MFDs have been updated with the latest a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software, the shutdown procedure identified above be used, and the problem persists, then it is recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply