Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Flow meters not showing correctly on a78 MFD
07-08-16, 09:58 AM
RE: Fuel Flow meters not showing correctly on a78 MFD
Well...here is where I am at with the fuel flow meters..Ive included the responses from Lowrance as well...Also I have not heard a response from them with my most recent question which is asking them if I could send them one of the meters and have them switch the bus setting and then send the unit back to me..hopefully this will work..if Not I will continue to look for someone that would be willing to hook my meter up to their lowrance system and get the bus switched...

SECOND RESPONSE: Fuel flow sensors always default to Port and it doesn’t really have anything to do with the instance number, which should auto-select once they’re detected on the network. The problem is that since you're trying to set these up with a Raymarine head unit, we won’t be able to walk you through the vessel setup process(number of engines/tanks) and tank capacity. This is where the system will know that you have got more than one sensor in play and you should then be able to go into the device list and name them accordingly.

FIRST RESPONSE: Sorry about the delay. I attached a document on how to setup for port and starboard sensors. It's for an older fuel flow and different unit but method would be the same.

If anyone else has any ideas or things to try, I am up for anything! Also, is there anything else that I can add instrument wise that could do this job?

Next Gen Charters
1998 Baha Cruisers 285 Weekender Hardtop
Twin Merc 350 Inboards
Raymarine a78 Wi-Fi MFD - Evolution EV-150
CHIRP DownVision,RD418D Digital Radar Dome, ClearPulse, CPT-100, SeatalkNG
(2)Lowrance NMEA 2K Fuel flow sensors, Depth Raider probe,
(3) Cannon Mag-5 Downriggers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel Flow meters not showing correctly on a78 MFD - kingspade - 07-08-16 09:58 AM