Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST6001 Calibration
06-23-16, 10:11 PM
ST6001 Calibration
I cant seem to calibrate my ST6001 Autopilot. I follow the manual instructions and it keeps directing me to keep doing circles, i did about 20 circles tonight before giving up. I did many 2 minute circles at less than two knots but it wont move on to the next stage.

The compass heading on the autopilot doesn't match the boat compass so the autopilot keeps sending me off on a crazy direction every now and then. The autopilot is hooked up to a Raymarine C120.

Any help would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-16, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-16 08:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: ST6001 Calibration
Jefreg,

Should the autopilot not be able to complete the deviation circles when turning at no more than the maximum specified rate of turn, then it is recommended that the compass be tested per the FAQ found here. Should the autopilot compass be found to meet the values specified within the FAQ, then it would normally be recommended that the autopilot course computer be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to be bench tested / serviced. However, since Raymarine can no longer service the S2/S2G autopilot course computers, it would now be suggested that it be replaced with an EV200 Power/Sail Autopilot.
06-28-16, 11:19 AM
Thank you very much for your response. I performed the Fluxgate test and these are my results on a 200 ohm scale:

Red to Green 91.6
Red to yellow 5.6
Green to yellow 94.2

I'm not sure how to test "blue to screen" as I only have red, green, yellow and a blue wire. There is a bare wire in there that i think is a ground but I'm not too sure about that.

How would I test Blue to Screen? Is there any point as it seems like the green wire is reading way too high? Clearly there is not an open but would this reading be considered a short?

I really love my current raymarine system and really want to keep it do you sell replacement parts for this?
06-29-16, 11:12 AM
Jefreg,

When identifying the leads of the compass, please note that the bare wire is commonly referred to as the screen lead. However as you have suggested resistance of the green to yellow lead is out of spec, indicating a failed fluxgate compass. The M81190 Fluxgate compass may be ordered from an authorized Raymarine dealer.