Thanks..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-16, 09:06 AM
RE: SR50 Weather/Audio problems with C80
You're welcome.
07-26-17, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-17 07:29 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Rainbow RE: SR50 Weather/Audio problems with C80
Hello,
I finally got around to checking my SR50 and my c80 for
Sirius weather....The audio is working fine
with the
"1 07 0" Radio activation status -Audio but the "Radio activation status" shows "1 01 0" still.

I have the up to date software for the c80 installed and a high signal
on the weather page.
I have sent a reactivation signal for the data several times.
The C80 identifies the ESN of the SR50 for the weather
when I look under the system diagnostics.
I have rebooted the C80 and the sr50 as well.
The SR50 shows 2 ESN numbers, one for the audio and one for
the data. I have subscribed to the audio on the audio ESN# and the data on the data ESN# but recently found out that Sirius Weather includes the audio portion as well in their data weather broadcast.

In the owners manual for the SR50, it just shows you using the
data ESN # for the weather subscription.

I have included 2 pics which show the rx status
of Sirius weather from the c80 display.

Could this be the problem, having 2 subscriptions on the SR50
as I have tried everything I have read, over and over??
I know I am close.

Thanks
Rob Gregory
07-27-17, 10:53 AM
skidrow69,

Q1. I finally got around to checking my SR50 and my c80 for
Sirius weather....The audio is working fine
with the
"1 07 0" Radio activation status -Audio but the "Radio activation status" shows "1 01 0" still.
A1. The SR50 features two receivers, each with its own ESN. One of these ESNs will be for SiriusXM Radio (Radio Sirius ID - Audio) and the other will be for SiriusXM Marine Weather (Radio Sirius ID - Data). If desiring for the device to supply both SirusXM Radio and SiriusXM Marine Weather to the system then subscriptions must be purchased for both Sirius Satellite Radio and Sirius Marine Weather. Sirius will send out activation pings upon receiving your phone or web based request and the equipment must be powered ON and the receiver reporting good satellite signal strength when the pings are transmitted by the satellite. The Sirius Satellite Weather diagnostics will supply activation status information for both Sirius Satellite Radio (Radio Activation Status - Audio) and Sirius Marine Weather (Radio Activation Status). Should a an cctivation status item of the Sirius Satellite Weather diagnostics not specify 1 07 0, then no subscription has been activated for the corresponding ESN, indicating that the subscription has elapsed (contact SiriusXM) and/or that the receiver requires a restoration signal. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the actions to be taken should the SR50 not be responding to activation pings.

Q2. I have the up to date software for the c80 installed and a high signal
on the weather page.
I have sent a reactivation signal for the data several times.
The C80 identifies the ESN of the SR50 for the weather
when I look under the system diagnostics.
I have rebooted the C80 and the sr50 as well.
The SR50 shows 2 ESN numbers, one for the audio and one for
the data.
A2. See the response to Q1 regarding action to be taken should the SR50 not be responding to activation pings.

Q3. I have subscribed to the audio on the audio ESN# and the data on the data ESN# but recently found out that Sirius Weather includes the audio portion as well in their data weather broadcast.
A3. This is not typical and may be a temporary offer ... suggest checking with SiriusXM. Historically, separate subscriptions have had to be purchased for each of these services.

Q4. In the owners manual for the SR50, it just shows you using the data ESN # for the weather subscription.
A4. See the information within the response to Q1.

Q4. I have included 2 pics which show the rx status of Sirius weather from the c80 display.
A4. The activation status data items indicate that the SR50 has an active SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription, but not an active SiriusXM Marine Weather subscription. See the response to Q1 regarding action to be taken should the SR50 not be responding to activation pings.

Q5. Could this be the problem, having 2 subscriptions on the SR50 as I have tried everything I have read, over and over??
A5. Having two subscriptions would not be the cause of failure to have the SR50 report that it has an active subscription. See the response to Q1 regarding action to be taken should the SR50 not be responding to activation pings.
07-27-17, 09:36 PM
Chuck,
Thanks for the info...will get Sirius to do a refresh
of the data ESN and go from there.
07-28-17, 10:38 AM
You're welcome.