Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SR50 Weather/Audio problems with C80
09-06-16, 06:10 PM
RE: SR50 Weather/Audio problems with C80
Hello,

I finally got the complete audio lineup on the sr50 using the c80 display....I have now signed up for Sirius xm weather.
I am using the c80 with the version 4.30 update and the sr50.
I have the weather map setup with a high signal in the top corner
of the map.
I have setup the weather to display nowrad etc...
I get no wx reports, nothing.
I have placed the cursor on other areas of the eastern seaboard
and still receive no updates.
I have sent many rehits from Sirius with no change.
I have updated the c80 with the last update 5.16 trying to see if that
would work. When I do that update I lose the Sirius audio application and the weather application. They don't show up under external devices.
I switch back to the previous update and both applications return but still the weather app isn't working.
During all this the sr50 is flashing a green light.
I have tried rebooting the sr50 separately as well.

I have read at the top of this thread about the receiver not being detected after software update. I have tried to follow the directions regarding setting up the c80 as the data master MFD but I can't locate the following:

"- not having configured the Weather Set-Up's Receiver Type (HOME->SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->EXTERNAL DEVICES->WEATHER SET-UP->RECEIVER TYPE) to match the model of SiriusXM Satellite weather/radio receiver which has been installed within the system"

I can get into the external devices and see the Sirius weather but I do not get the receiver type as a scroll down choice to select the master MFD.

" then another MFD should be designated as the system's Data Master (HOME->MAINTENANCE->DATA MASTER)."
I can't locate this either.
Hope you can help.
Regards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SR50 Weather/Audio problems with C80 - skidrow69 - 09-06-16 06:10 PM