Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120 and Seatalk NG Alarm
06-27-16, 10:59 AM
E120 and Seatalk NG Alarm
I have a E120 (Classic) MFD interfaced to a Maretron Engine monitoring system (EMS100) using NMEA 2000/ SeaTalkNG. The E120 has SW Version 5.69. At low engine speeds while in gear, I get occasional Engine (SeaTalk) alarms on the E120. There is not an engine problem, might just be the oil pressure going below alarm limit threshold.
Is there a way to disable the Seatalk alarms on the E120?
I have set the SeaTalk Alarms to ‘OFF’ in the system menu, but the alarm described above still occur.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-16, 01:37 PM
RE: E120 and Seatalk NG Alarm
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mike,

Unlike the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, the E-Series Classic MFDs did not feature an option to disable engine alarms. All Raymarine MFDs are designed to simply repeat engine alarms. Correspondingly, Raymarine MFDs do not support configuration of thresholds which would then be used to trigger an engine alarm. A SeaTalk Failure alarm may be triggered by low voltage on the SeaTalk bus, possibly resulting from insufficient power availability from the vessels batteries. Increasing the engine RPMs may in turn push sufficient power back into the batteries to cause the low power condition to subside.
06-27-16, 03:00 PM
Hi,
Thank you for the information. Let me ask the question a different way. Is there a method to ignore all Seatalk ng alarm messages on the e120?
thanks,
Mike
06-28-16, 07:54 AM
Mike,

Unfortunately, the E-Series Classic MFDs cannot be configured to ignore received engine alarms.