Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ev-100 wired to 1199 Hummingbird
06-29-16, 04:28 PM
Ev-100 wired to 1199 Hummingbird
Hi Chuck, Just received my cables ST1 Adapter cable 3-pin and Hummingbird AS HHGPS. I've been told I have to cut/splice the 2 ends together ? I've bared the wires on the ST1 adapter cable and see
1 yellow , 1 red and a ground or bare wire no insulation, the Hummingbird cable has 2 leads coming from the com plug 1 marked accy-com the other marked NEMA-com I'm guessing I'll cut the NEMA-com plug off ? Appears to have 4 wires looking at end of plug 4 contacts, is there a wiring diagram or could you tell me witch colored wires to hook up to what?
Thank you Ray
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-16, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-16 09:47 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Ev-100 wired to 1199 Hummingbird
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ray,

The Evolution autopilot components are designed to be interfaced to one another via a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng /NMEA 2000 backbone. The third party cable which you have referenced supports NMEA 0183 communications and would not be suited for this purpose. Should the third party product which you desire to interfaced to the system feature a NMEA 2000 communications interface, then the third party product may be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone. Should the backbone not have an unused white spur socket, then the currently installed backbone may be extended (w/SeaTalkng Backbone Cable and SeaTalkng T-Pieces or 5-Way Connectors) to create additional spur sockets within the backbone. Raymarine offers SeaTalkng to DeviceNet Male (A06046) and SeaTalkng to DeviceNet Female adapter cables (A06045) as well as SeaTalkng to Stripped End Spur cables (A06044) to support interfacing third party NMEA 2000 devices as spurs to the SeaTalkng network backbone.

I believe that Humminbird refers to the NMEA 2000 Interface as the ""NMEA 2000 Module":

[Image: 98162_L1.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-none&...ze=450px:*]
06-30-16, 11:02 AM
Chuck, I will be using an open white port on the seatalk backbone, the other device is NMEA 2000 compatible but there are no cables to achieve this connection so I have to splice 2 cables, I was told ? So I'm in search of the wiring diagram if such a thing exist. I will also check with Hummingbird tech people. If there is such cable or I would definitely take your advice how best to complete the connection ?
Thank you for your time...........Ray
06-30-16, 11:13 AM
Chuck, I should also mention the display is Ethernet compatible, and have seen an adapter from hummingbird com port to Ethernet, so is there an adapter cable to connect seatalk to Ethernet ? If I can go that route then no splicing which I'm hoping to avoid.
Ray
06-30-16, 02:10 PM
Ray,

The cables which you are attempting to connect are not correct for this application. Please see my initial response regarding the Humminbird NMEA 2000 Module. From the photo, it appears that it has a DeviceNet (M) socket ... this will need to be confirmed with Humminbird. My previous response included part numbers for SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (M) and SeaTalkng Spur to DeviceNet (F) Adapter Cables.
07-01-16, 06:51 AM
Good Morning Chuck, Looks like I picked a lemon for a fish locator, unable to tie the autopilot and Hummingbirds 1199 together. Here's the response from Hummingbird.
After further research, the RayMarine EVO-100 and EVO 200 autopilot are NMEA 2000 devices only and they do not directly accept NMEA 0183 sentences. Unfortunately the Hummingbird NMEA 2000 gateway does not support transmitting of the navigation PGN’s required by the autopilot so it cannot be used. We do not have an approved method for interfacing these products at this time.
Thank you for trying to help Chuck, When I can afford to upgrade to a new display I may ask you for advice before I purchase.
Thank you Ray
07-01-16, 07:35 AM
Ray,

Should the Humminbird not support transmission of NMEA 2000 PGNs featuring navigational data, then it would be recommended that a NMEA 0183 to SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 data bridging device (ex. Actisense NGW-1-STNG) between the NMEA 0183 output of the Humminbird display and a spur socket within the SeaTalkng backbone.
07-05-16, 10:06 AM
Morning Chuck, There's still hope, I'll check into that, it maybe a week or so before I can get back at it, have a trip planned to Lake Michigan. I'll put the results on this thread.
Thanks Ray
07-05-16, 01:08 PM
You're welcome.