Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RayRemote & RayViewer App Stuck on View Only Mode
07-12-16, 02:31 PM
RayRemote & RayViewer App Stuck on View Only Mode
Chuck,

I have been unable to get my RayRemote & RayViewer apps to interact/control the e7 MFD v16.47. I read that under wi-fi sharing menu there is a setting where this function is enabled or disabled. I thought for sure mine had been accidentally set as disable but it was enabled.

My plotter was set to share but all the app does is mirror the display as if the wi-fi sharing has been disabled,

I changed the setting a few times and rebooted a few times but I could never get the app to function such as panning around etc. ..

any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-16, 02:11 PM
RE: RayRemote & RayViewer App Stuck on View Only Mode
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum JefnDeb,

The RayView app is not designed to permit remote control of the MFD. Remote control of the MFD is supported by the RayControl and RayRemote apps. The RayRemote app is better suited to the uses case in which the MFD's screen will be viewed directly or the MFD's video output has been interfaced to a monitor to TV and the smartphone will be used to remotely control the MFD being used. I make this point the RayRemote app does not simultaneously support viewing both the MFD's screen and MFD's controls on the smartphone. Correspondingly it is recommended that the RayControl app be installed and used on a tablet for those seeking simultaneously view the MFD's screen and controls on a mobile device.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply