Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lack of detail with Navionics+ charts
06-05-16, 09:26 PM
Lack of detail with Navionics+ charts
Hello,

On my network of e125s, e95, a65s and e7 I am not able to display any detail with the navionics+ charts. I was having this problem so I just downloaded 6+gb of data to the cards. Before and after the download when inserted into the plotter and the navionics chart is selected if I look at the harbor I'm in (in Chicago, on Lake Michigan) there is no detail shown for the harbor, in fact it's just shown as an angled cut despite the fact that on the web application it's shown with great detail showing each dock and slip in the harbor. I've tried adjusting detail and the like but it's as though no map data is being read. I'm not sure where to start in order to troubleshoot.

Thanks
Ben
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-16, 03:23 PM
RE: Lack of detail with Navionics+ charts
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ben,

It is recommended that you update the software within your Raymarine MFDs with v17.45 or later a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software. Commencing with version 17.45, the default Chart Selection setting for each Raymarine MFD, necessitating that the user select Navionics Nautical Charts within each Chart application page/pane in which it is desired that they be viewed. Commencing with v17.45, the Chart Selection dialog will additionally list detailed information for any chart card sensed by the system. Should the Chart Selection dialog not list this detailed information and the chart card be located within the same MFD's memory card reader, then there may be a problem with either the data which has been programmed onto the chart card or with the MFD's memory card reader. In the case of the latter, the memory card reader may be tested by successfully commanding that the MFD's screen image be captured to a microSD memory card. Should the MFD be unable do so, then it would indicate a fault with the MFD's memory card reader and it would correspondingly be recommended that the MFD be serviced by Raymarine’s Product Repair Center. Should the MFD's memory card reader slots both be operational, then chart card's contents should be updated again. Should the problem persist, then is it recommended that Navionics be contacted to test/correct any problem with your chart card.
07-14-16, 08:45 PM
Ben,

I am having a similar issue on my c95 display after updating the software to version 17. I also updated my navionics chart subscription. Charts below my current latitude resolve with all the detail you would expect. Charts above my current latitude show no detail and just become blurry when you zoom in. My chart is the pacific northwest, Seattle etc. I have reloaded the software, restored the MDF to original settings but it makes no difference. Please let me know if you learn anything new. And, my MFD says it could and did take a screen shot. I have seen other artifacts as well such as sections of the chart disappearing for a time then returning. It seems to relate to my location. I don't think intermittent behavior is a Navionics problem.
07-18-16, 12:16 PM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jeff,

Commencing with v17.45 a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update, the default Chart Selection setting for Chart application pages/panes is LightHouse Charts rather than Navionics Nautical Charts as it had been in prior version of a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software. Please verify that you have configured the Chart Selection configuration setting within each of your MFD's Chart application pages/panes to Navionics Nautical Charts. Should you have done so and the problem persist, then create screen snapshots of the following:
- page having a Chart application page/pane showing the reported problem
- the Chart application page's/pane's menu showing the setting of the Chart Selection
configuration item.

and then attach a screen snapshots to a response to this thread.