Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
software download
07-13-16, 12:00 PM
software download
I am trying to update my software on my es128. When I complete the download to my desktop, the computer wont open the file to be able to copy it to the sd card. Says "application not found". Windows 10 OS
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-16, 02:44 PM
RE: software download
Hello RLTRBILL,

The software update instructions call for downloading the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update zip file to your computer. The zip file (may appear as a folder icon on your computer) should then be opened and all files found there selected. The selected files should then be copied/extracted and then pasted in to the root level directory of a microSD memory card of sufficient capacity to contain all of the update files.

Erroneously attempting to run/execute/double-click on any of .iso files contained within the downloaded a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update zip file will cause the Windows operating system to run the Windows Disk Image Burner application (the default program assigned by the Windows operating system for use in conjunction .iso files). Instead, following the software update download, choose either your Internet browser's option to "Show In Folder' or open your computer's Downloads folder. After doing so, then you see the R17-v17.45a_v17.06p_v1.20G_v1.20n_v1.20r_v1.20j_v17.03m-ISO.zip file. Open this file to view the software update files which will in turn need to be extracted/copied to the root level directory of the microSD memory card.

Please additionally note that Raymarine offers a second means of updating the software within one's Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs as well as many of the system's networked Raymarine components featuring an Ethernet (SeaTalkHS / RayNet) or SeaTalkng communications interface. In this second method, the Wi-Fi equipped MFD may be commanded to connects to a Wi-Fi hotspot (Class A private networks not supported) having Internet access to check for and download software updates directly to the Raymarine system. After having connected to such a Wi-Fi hotspot, the command sequence to initiate this alternate means of updating the equipment software is HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->CHECK ONLINE FOR UPDATES.
07-13-16, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-16 03:33 PM by Mark - Raymarine - Moderator.)
"The zip file (may appear as a folder icon on your computer) should then be opened and all files found there selected."

It doesn't open when I click to open it, that is the issue.... that's when I receive the error message.

I double click to open "application not found" error message.
If I right mouse click to "open", "application not found" error message
07-13-16, 03:38 PM
Okay, then it has to be something related to your computers specific settings.
I would try the other suggestions in the thread first.
03-14-17, 11:03 AM
Information RE: software download
I have been trying to download the latest software for my Raymarine Dragonfly 7 Pro for 2 days now with no success... it times out or aborts download after 6-10%
I have tried saving file to multiple locations on a a Windows 10 OS...
Any ideals?
03-20-17, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-17 08:23 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Possum-AL,

Please note that I have tested the Dragonfly software download both from outside of Raymarine's network and inside of Raymarine's network and have not found any issues with downloading the software. Slow ISP BAUD rates may be responsible for the download timing out. You may want to try using a public WiFi access point having higher download speed should you experience continued problems. Alternatively, Radar Marine may be contacted to order a microSD memory card which has been populated with the latest software update files for one's product.