The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIS 650 - bearing to the target
07-15-16, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-16 04:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
AIS 650 - bearing to the target
Hello, name is Vin.

I upgraded from E80 with an NMEA interfaced AIS transceiver to the E/127 with the Raymarine AIS650 transceiver. Although the E80 configuration showed me bearings to the various AIS targets, the E/127 with Raymarine's AIS650 does not on the target panel. It does show CPA and TCPA; it also shows, if you click on the target line item and further click 'show on chart', and hover your cursor over the target, the speed and compass heading of the target. So, AIS650 knows the target, has done the math for CPA and TCPA and knows the full AIS data on the target. But it refuses to tell me the bearing from me to it. (pix attached.)

I have spoken to service a number of times.

service #1. you need an electronic heading device for AIS to tell you the bearing.

I replied: well, the E/127 knows my heading already - it is on the top of the MFD. It reads it from GPS and shows it on the top of the chartplotter. Why do I need another device to have the all-Raymarine (GPS and AIS) system tell me what my heading is?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
AIS 650 - bearing to the target - uscgauxvin - 07-15-16 04:07 PM