Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSM 300 software update with A98 MFD
07-17-16, 10:16 AM
DSM 300 software update with A98 MFD
I followed the Raymarine instructions for updating the DSM 300 using my A98 MFD. Install the mSD card. Start the MFD and get an error message that says; "set the target device, then reboot." I can't find any instructions or information on how to "change the target device" on the A98. When I reboot, with the card out, I can check the DSM through the system settings, maintenance, device list, and see the DSM reporting that it is running software version 3.16. The lasted version is 4.2. Any ideas or suggestions? I am running Lighthouse v17 and downloaded the correct version per the RM website.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-16, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-16 02:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: DSM 300 software update with A98 MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dhill67,

When updating from such an early version of DSM300 software, it is recommended that the update be performed by Raymarine’s Product Repair Center.
12-07-16, 04:48 PM
I have the same problem attempting to upgrade my DSM300 from V3.16 to V4.20. Is there any alternative to returning the unit to Raymarine? This would not be a convenient solution for me.

Also, are there any plans to support an in-hull CHIRP transducer that would work with my a128?
12-12-16, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-16 09:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Peter,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should the DSM be suffering communications related failure, then it may not be possible to update the DSM's software. You may want to consider sending the DSM to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / software updated / serviced. The DSM may be replaced with a CP370 fishfinder sounder module to permit an operational transducer which had been used with a DSM to continue to be used with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. Raymarine offers the A80160 SeaTalkHS (F) to RayNet (F) Adapter Cable to permit the currently installed SeaTalkHS cable to be adapted to mate to the CP370's Network socket.

Raymarine does not currently offer an in-Hull transducer which would be compatible with the CHIRP/DownVision fishfinder circuitry of an ax8 MFD, eSx8 MFD, or CP100 CHIRP/DownVision Fishfinder Sounder Module. Due to the relatively low power output of the fishfinder circuitry of an ax8 MFD, eSx8 MFD, or CP100 CHIRP/DownVision Fishfinder Sounder Module and the amount of energy dissipated through a hull, it is unlikely that Raymarine will offer in-hull transducers for the ax8 MFDs, eSx8 MFDs, or CP100 CHIRP/DownVision Fishfinder Sounder Module.