Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RayRemote & RayView iPhone Apps
07-21-16, 02:56 PM
RayRemote & RayView iPhone Apps
I see that these apps are designed to connect the MFD and smartphone via WiFi. If this is the case, will my smartphone lose its cellular data link when connected the the MFD? Without the data link I wouldn't be able to text or access the internet while connected to the MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-16, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-16 03:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: RayRemote & RayView iPhone Apps
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum bradleyj,

As the Raymarine Mobile Apps are designed to communicate via Wi-Fi with the smartphone and the smartphones are designed to access Internet via mobile telecommunications technology, it should be possible to simultaneously run the Raymarine mobile app and simultaneously access the Internet from your smartphone as long as you are within range of 3G/4G mobile telecommunications coverage.
11-28-16, 10:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-16 08:36 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
What's really nice is that recent Lighthouse updates now allow my e7 to act as a bridge, so the e7 connects to my Wi-Fi router/uplink, and I can connect my devices to the e7 and bridge through it to get to the Internet.

Many thanks for this valuable feature!

Cary Stotland
11-29-16, 08:36 AM
You're welcome.