Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SR100 connection to Es75
07-28-16, 09:05 AM
Question SR100 connection to Es75
I just purchased a new Es75 MFD and have a SR100 that I would like to connect. I have Seatalk instruments and interfaced them with a SeaTalk one to SeaTalkng converter. The SR100 is ST hs. What is needed to make the connection and get weather and sat radio?

Rob Hillman
S.V. Windshadow
robhillman@aol.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-16, 12:43 PM
RE: SR100 connection to Es75
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum robhillman,

The SR100 maybe interfaced to an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD by any of the following assemblies:
- an A80272 SeaTalkhs (M) to RayNet (F) Adapter and an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable
- an A80247 RayNet (F) to RJ45 (F) Adapter and an appropriate length of SeaTalkhs (M) to RJ45 (M) Cable
- an A80262 RayNet (F) to SeaTalkhs (F) Adapter and an appropriate length of SeaTalkhs (M) to SeaTalkhs (M) Cable
08-16-16, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-16 10:41 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck,

The closest connection is to a Raytheon ST60 Multi Display which has a round three pin male connection available. Can I connect the SR100 to this available connector?

Rob Hillman
S.V. Windshadow
robhillman@aol.com
08-16-16, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-16 10:44 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
robhillman,

Q: The closest connection is to a Raytheon ST60 Multi Display which has a round three pin male connection available. Can I connect the SR100 to this available connector?
A: Negative. The SR100 should be interfaced to the eS75 in the manner specified within my initial response. Should the present system feature a SeaTalkhs Network Switch or HS5 RayNet Network Switch, then please respond accordingly.
08-16-16, 02:06 PM
Please view the attached diagram of the instruments and connections on s.v. Windshadow. I have purchased the A80272 Adapter. The RJ45 end clearly goes to the SR100, but it's not clear where to connect the other end once I add the RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. Any further information will be appreciated.

Rob Hillman
S.V. Windshadow
robhillman@aol.com
08-16-16, 03:45 PM
robhillman,

As the eS7x MFDs feature only one Ethernet Network port and you will have two devices having Ethernet communications interfaces (i.e. RD418HD radome and SR100) which will need to be interfaced to the MFD, it will be necessary to install an A80007 HS5 RayNet Network Switch onboard. The Digital Radar Cable will be connnected one of the Ethernet Network ports of the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. The Ethernet Network port of the eS7x MFD will be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. The SR100 may be interfaced to one of the Ethernet Network ports of the HS5 RayNet Network Switch by any of the following assemblies:
- an A80272 SeaTalkhs (M) to RayNet (F) Adapter and an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable (preferred)
- an A80247 RayNet (F) to RJ45 (F) Adapter and an appropriate length of SeaTalkhs (M) to RJ45 (M) Cable
- an A80262 RayNet (F) to SeaTalkhs (F) Adapter and an appropriate length of SeaTalkhs (M) to SeaTalkhs (M) Cable