Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] CP370 upgrade on E120W
08-03-16, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-18 05:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] CP370 upgrade on E120W
I had the issues with the DSM300, so Raymarine swapped it out with the CP370. the system is connected to a B164 transducer, SR6 and two E120W MFDs. after installing the new CP370 the sounder worked great in shallow water, but as soon as i get out passed 200 i lose bottom. then noticed that if i put the screens on both 200 and 50khz the 50 screen is blank most of the time, but sometimes reads in shallow water. so it appears that the 50Khz element is not working. I called Airmar and they stated that my particular transducer is dual element which means its all or nothing, one can't work if the other doesn't, so they do not think its the issue.

going through all of the settings i took every step that Raymarine provided on the installation instructions with resetting the system. All my software is up to date. so its bizarre that this would happen only after switching the sounder module.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-16, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-18 05:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] CP370 upgrade on E120W
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum bobsled,

Unless the transducer's cable had been modified, there there would be no interfacing issue which may be identified for the reported symptoms. As the CP370 is interfaced to the MFD via Ethernet networking, communications between these two devices is essentially an all or nothing situation. Based upon the symptoms reported, it appears that the CP370 has been correctly interfaced to the MFD and these two devices are properly communicating with one another.
07-03-18, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-18 05:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,

one year later, a new B164 transducer in place, and i'm here in the Bahamas with a Unit that doesn't read past 200 feet deep. in fact, the e120w is not even displaying the B164 as an option anymore. i double checked the connections and the power supply is fine ( CP 370 blinking green).

thanks
07-03-18, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-18 05:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
bobsled,

Please note that Raymarine has released updated software for the CP370 which may well address the problem which you have reported. Accordingly, it is recommended that the CP370 be updated with the software found here and that a Sonar Reset be commanded via the MFD's Fishfinder application settings (MENU->FISHFINDER SETTINGS->DSM SETTINGS->DSM RESET). After doing so, the B164 transducer should be selected from the MFD's Fishfinder application settings (MENU->FISHFINDER SETTINGS->TRANSDUCER SETTINGS->SELECT TRANSDUCER).
08-30-18, 07:18 PM
Chuck,

i replaced the mix and match cable, the CP370 power cord, as well as the Ethernet cable leading from the CP370 to the SR6 just to make sure there wasn't any corrosion. i tried updating the CP370 with the software that is supposed to be used with a E120W MFD, however it always fails to install with the attached error warning when it reaches 100%.
After the attempt the E120W still gives the " new DSM recognized" warning, but after trying all options " reset to default, auto, etc" the display
1.) always selects a transducer that doesn't even work for the unit ( blank blue sounder screen).
2) no 1Kw transducers are an option, only the other 600w options are there.

so at this point I've replaced everything except for the MFDs, so what would you recommend i do next? I am more than willing to box up the E120W's, the CP370, and even the SR6 and send it up for you guys to see if you can figure it out.
please let me know.

thanks
08-31-18, 08:48 AM
bobsled,

If you're willing, the best way to resolve the reported problem may be to send all to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to ensure that the updates have been/are performed and that the CP370 is able to then detect a 1kW transducer. If sending the transducer to Raymarine's Product Repair Center, I would recommend taking a snapshot of the B164 transducer's identification tag and including a print of the photo with the equipment.
09-10-18, 08:12 AM
Chuck,

I sent everything out last week, including the two E120w's and the CP370, transducer cable. Tracking number says it was received on Friday. The package was ATTN: to Mr. Merry in the sounder department. He and i have tried to solve this issue for the last 3 years with no luck, so hopefully with everything sent, you guys can solve this once and for all. ill be awaiting your teams reply.

Thanks,
Dominik
09-10-18, 08:22 AM
You're welcome.