Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with my a65WiFi
08-07-16, 07:34 AM
Help with my a65WiFi
I own a Sailboat which is based in the BVI and is equipped with a65WiFi part number E70162 s/n 0340330. The boat is in a charter fleet and for some reason the manager of the charter company will delete the waypoints that i enter when I leave. His excuse is that he does not want charter guest to rely on my waypoints, odd but true. I realize that the a65WiFi has been discontinued but what I think I would like to do is purchase a Raymarine unit that I could carry with me when I go down and use for my own use and just keep it with me as I travel back and forth. My question is, is there a unit that by any chance would use the same power cord and mount as the a65 did so that I would not have to add another power cord and mount. Something that would be easy to switch back and forth. I am assuming that the GPS connector would be the same. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ken
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-16, 02:15 PM
RE: Help with my a65WiFi
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ken,

As of the data of this response, Raymarine was still offering E70162 a65 MFDs through its authorized Raymarine dealers. The a65, a67, a68, a75, a77, and a78 share the same power cable. Of these, the a65, a67 and a68 share the same trunion mounting bracket.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply