Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restoring Waypoints to C80
08-09-16, 11:28 AM
Restoring Waypoints to C80
I backed up waypoints on a C80 to a 16MB CF card and then upgraded the MFD. I did a restart of the MFD and it showed the current version of software available for the C80 which I believe is 5.16. I then went to restore the waypoints and the message box said it was retrieving info from the CF card but in a separate box it said it was complete and told me how to remove the card. When I went to check to see if the waypoints were there, they were not. When I viewed the CF card on my computer, I see a "Archive.FSH" file. Are my waypoints on my CF card and how do I restore them to my MFD?

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-16, 12:07 PM
RE: Restoring Waypoints to C80
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum WWMS,

The reported problem may have occurred due to corrupted data within the archive.fsh file or having incorrectly archived the MFD's waypoints, routes, and track. Should you attach your archive.fsh file to this thread, then we may be able to inspect and possibly correct a problem with the archived data.
08-09-16, 12:15 PM
Chuck,

Thank you for your rapid response. I am attaching the file and hopefully you will be able to identify what went wrong.

Thank you.
08-09-16, 01:42 PM
WWMS,

I copied the ARCHIVE.FSH file to a compatible CF memory card and then commanded the C-Series Classic MFD (v5.16) to retrieve all waypoints from the CF memory card. The MFD indicated success and when the MFD's waypoint list was inspected, it contained 25 waypoints named Waypoint 1 through Waypoint 25. Should you not have already performed a Factory Reset operation following the software update, then it is recommended that you do so and then try to retrieve the data again.
08-09-16, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-16 01:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I followed your directions and performed a factory reset. Once completed the Navigation Warning screen came up and it showed V5.16 and said "Select Page Set" and I just pressed ok. I put the CF card in with the waypoints on it and selected the Data button, Archive and Transfer, Retrieve from Card, Retrieve All. The Retrieve Group block came up and said "System is accessing CF card". Within that same block "Retrieving Complete" was noted. Than it went on to say "To remove card use System Setup Menu option Remove CF card and press ok. Nothing worked. No waypoints were restored. Please help.
08-10-16, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-16 01:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
WWMS,

The reported issue may be indicative of a compatibility issue with the CF memory card. Is it possible that another CF memory card may have been used to archive the waypoints? If so, then it would be recommended that the Archive.FSH file be copied to another CF memory card, and that the retrieval then be attempted with this other CF memory card. Alternatively and with the knowledge that there were only 25 waypoints, the Archive.fsh file may be opened with GPS Utility (I believe that the trial version will support at least 25 waypoints) or RayTech Planner 6.2 PC applications. The coordinates for each waypoint may then be noted and then manually entered into the MFD's memory.