Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot set date/time on my a75 chartplotter
08-05-16, 12:06 AM
Cannot set date/time on my a75 chartplotter
I noticed my tide and current chart displays were not showing the same thing as the Navionics app on my phone. The time was way off, and I could not rely on the tide information.
So I went into System setup; System setting; Data Source; Time & Date; Select Time & Date Source. The screen then tells me "Source discovery in process" . . . but after a few seconds tells me "Date selection not possible", then "The following devices are preventing data source selection. E22158-Sea Talk-STNG-Converter S/N 0550260 Please see your user manual for details".
Well, there is no user manual for the STNG Converter. And I physically looked on the two Converters used in the system, neither of them has a serial number 0550260.
What do I do now?? Thanks for the help, in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-16, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-16 01:57 PM by Mark - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Cannot set date/time on my a75 chartplotter
Hello Garybuyit,
You need to set a time offset from UTC on your a75 MFD.
To do this:
Start on the home screen, press "Customize"--->Time & Date Setup---> in the "Local Time: UTC: box
Change the value to:

-4.0 for EDT
-5.0 for CDT
-6.0 for MDT
-7.0 for PDT

You check on what the MFD believes the local time is by going to the data page and looking at a data box labeled "Time" or "Local Time".
08-20-16, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-16 09:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you . . . I set the time offset as you outlined, and now the tide info works correctly. However, checking for the time and date source, I still get the same message . . . "The following devices are preventing data source selection. E22158-Sea Talk-STNG-Converter S/N 0550260 Please see your user manual for details". Not sure I should be concerned about this, since I now have correct tide info. Should I worry?
08-22-16, 10:04 AM
Gary,

The source of date and time data for Raymarine MFDs will be a GPS sensing device. Should your MFD only be interfaced to as single source of GPS data, then nothing more need be done. However, should your system feature more than one source of GPS data, then the Data Sources feature will need to be exercised to specify the GPS and Date/Time source. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing why Data Source selection may be blocked.