Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does A68 require a CP100 so downvison sonar will work?
08-31-16, 02:26 PM
RE: Does A68 require a CP100 so downvison sonar will work?
Q1: So my hull will have a bump. It seems as though this will mean that the cpt will not be perpendicular to the hull (in order to get the transducer parallel to water)
A1: As the CPT-110 and CPT-120 are fairly narrow transducers, it may be possible to install the transducer in the keel where it may point directly down.

Q2: Since I am a multihull, and there is virtually no heel, can a transom transducer be attached to a pole between my hulls to the waterline? Im thinking its something that can be retracted in seas but my main rationale for the sonar to begin with is in skinny water.
A2: While conceptually possible, performance would be dependent upon how stable the mount would be.

You may want to check with others having similar hulls who have installed fishfinder transducers. Should conventional sonar be an option, then you may want to look at depth instruments or fishfinding products supporting in-hull transducers (hull must be less than 1" thick in the installation location).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does A68 require a CP100 so downvison sonar will work? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-31-16 02:26 PM