Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Station upgrade issue
08-23-16, 11:38 AM
2nd Station upgrade issue
I upgraded my Ray60 to version 1.35. I just purchased an new Ray Mic 2nd station and tried to get it to upgrade as well by putting the radio in to the boot loader mode and 2nd station mic into programming mode, then re-flashing 1.35. Upgrade appears to go through, 2nd station mic screen flashes at a faster pace after the MFD shows the upgrade is 50%, which, according to the instruction video Raymarine posted on YouTube, implies that the Ray60 update is finished and 2nd station is updating. Upgrade completes successfully according to the MFD. Ray60 boots right up and is at 1.35. Second station just stay blank with back light on, and periodically flashes off then back on (similar to programming mode, but a different pattern). Only way to get the 2nd station to power off at this point is to disconnect it from the Ray60.

I have gone through this process multiple times, but still cannot get the 2nd station to work, just a blank screen with the back light on.

Is there something I'm missing? Do I have to turn something on in the Ray60 menu to enable the 2nd station?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-16, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-16 12:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: 2nd Station upgrade issue
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Scoffer,

Your thread's narrative makes no mention of VH1.06 and your commentary seems to indicate that your may be simply re-flashing V1.35, which will not update the RAYMIC's software. You can find links to the software update web page, update instructions, and a video that you may watch covering every aspect of the process.

Please refer to our web site to download the VHF software packages, and to refer to the comprehensive instructions on how to install the software. Links to both pages can also be found here:
Main VHF software page: Ray50/60/70/Handset software page
Update Instructions for Ray50/Ray60/Ray70 and Handset: Update Instructions – or Video Link Here

Should the problem persist, then it is recommended that the handset be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / updated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply