Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aSeries and Fusion UD650 problems
02-17-16, 08:50 AM
aSeries and Fusion UD650 problems
I have just completed a new install with a98 displays and a Fusion UD650 and I am having problems with the Fusion controls on the a98.

When viewing menus for an attached iPod the menus are incomplete. Instead of showing the menu text it shows a number. I have attached a couple of examples of how the menu appears.

Also on occasion when selecting Fusion from the home screen the unit reboots. This seems to be more of a warm boot then a full reboot as the screen goes blank and the light house logo appears but then it will go directly to the fusion screen when finished.

The full system is connected as follows

Dual a98 MFDs connected via Raynet Firmware v15.61
Lenco Autoglide --> NMEA 2000
Mercury VesselView --> NMEA 2000, firmware v5 build 579
Fusion UD650 --> NMEA 2000, firmware build 265

I have done a little leg work on my own trying to resolve the issue. First was to insure all devices are using the latest firmware, no resolution. Second I disconnected everything except a minimal system. Single a98 connected to only the Fusion UD650, all other connections removed. Still the same result.

With the direction of support from Fusion I downgraded the UD650 to a previous version 1198 with no resolution. There does not appear to be an option of a previous version of firmware for the a98 as support for fusion via NMEA 2000 is only available in the recent version.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-16, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-16 01:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: aSeries and Fusion UD650 problems
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum t_gorski,

This problem has been duplicated by Raymarine's engineering team when using Fusion stereo head units which have been interfaced to the Raymarine via SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 communications protocol. This problem does not affect Fusion stereo head units which have been interfaced to the Raymarine via Ethernet communications protocol. The problem is more likely to manifest itself when using iPods having 7GB or more of music stored within the their memory. A problem report has been logged to seek correction of this issue within a future a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update.
02-21-16, 09:31 AM
Thank you for the reply. I will look forward to a software update for my aSeries an in the meantime I guess I will slim down the amount of music contained on my iPod.
02-22-16, 04:26 PM
You're welcome.