Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can an instrument transducer be used to support my MFD's fishfinder features?
02-17-16, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-17 10:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)

Instrument depth transducers are designed to exclusively support displaying numerical depth data within a Raymarine system. As Raymarine's MFDs do not support calibration and configuration of alarms associated with instrument transducers, systems utilizing an instrument transducer(s) must additionally include an instrument display(s) designed to calibrate data from the transducer (ex. i50 Tridata, i70 MFID, etc.). Instrument transducers cannot be used to support a MFD's Fishfinder application features.

In order to utilize the internal 600W ClearPulse Fishfinder circuitry and corresponding ClearPulse Fishfinder application features of an ax7, cx7, e7D, ex7, or eSx7 MFD, the MFD's fishfinder Transducer socket must be interfaced to one of the transducers found here.

In order to utilize the internal CHIRP (conical) Sonar / DownVision Sonar Fishfinder circuitry and corresponding CHIRP (conical) Sonar / DownVision Sonar Fishfinder application features of an ax8 or eSx8 MFD, the MFD's fishfinder Transducer socket must be interfaced to one of the transducers found here. It is also possible to network CP100 CHIRP/DownVision Sounder Module w/compatible transducer to an a/c/e/eS-Series MFD to support the MFD's CHIRP (conical) Sonar / DownVision Sonar Fishfinder application features.

In order to utilize the 1kW ClearPulse Fishfinder application features of an a/c/e/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, the MFD must be networked to a CP370 1kW ClearPulse Sounder Module whose Transducer socket must be interfaced to one of the transducers found here. Should a compatible 600W transducer be interfaced to a CP370, then the CP370 will correspondingly reduce its power output to 600W.

In order to utilize the hi power/deep water CHIRP Fishfinder application features of an a/c/e/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, the MFD must be networked to a CP470 or CP570 CHIRP Sounder Module whose Transducer socket(s) must be interfaced to one or a pair of the transducers found here.

RAYFAQ#
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed