Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complete my i70 install
08-20-16, 02:22 PM
Complete my i70 install
What products do I need to get SOG and depth via through hull transducer?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-16, 08:59 AM
RE: Complete my i70 install
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sfkjeld,

Are there any other marine products installed onboard? If so, then please state the makes and models of these products in order that we may provide a response which is reflective of any capabilities that such products may provide to the i70.
08-24-16, 02:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-16 07:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have an I70 installed and a Seatalk starter kit. So I have power to the I70. Just looking for the least expensive way to get SOG and a thru hull transducer for depth.
08-24-16, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-16 04:20 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Sfkjeld,

For the benefit of others who may be viewing this thread, SOG (Speed Over Ground) does not come from a through hull transducer ... it is typically transmitted by a dedicated GPS sensor or product having an internal GPS sensor/receiver built into the product (ex. GPS/Chartplotter, MFD, Airmar Weather Station, etc.). To have an i70 MFID report SOG, it is recommended that an E32153 Raystar 130 GPS Sensor be interfaced as a spur to the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone to which the i70 MFID has also been interfaced as a spur.

Speed through water (Speed) on the other hand is obtained by interfacing a transducer featuring a paddlewheel or ultrasonic speed transducer to the system. If seeking the least expensive means to add speed through water and depth to the system, then it would be recommended that an A22111 DST800 Depth/Speed/Temp Smart Transducer be installed an interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone.
08-24-16, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-16 03:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I need SOG AND a thru hull transducer for my i70 on my Seatalk network. If possible, can you give me the least expensive products that I need to plug into my Seatalk back bone for
1. SOG (assume is a GPS device)
2. Depth finder thru hull transducer

that will work with my I70.

thanks
08-24-16, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-16 04:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Sfkjeld,

Per my initial response,
Q1) 1. SOG (assume is a GPS device)
A1) Per my last response, should GPS SOG need to be displayed on the i70 MFID, then it is recommended that an E32153 Raystar 130 GPS Sensor be interfaced as a spur to the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone to which the i70 MFID will also been interfaced as a spur.

Q2: Depth finder thru hull transducer
A2: Raymarine has not offered Depth-Only Smart Transducers and no longer offers Depth/Temp Smart Transducers. Although the previously referenced DST800 Smart Transducer additionally includes speed and temp, it is the least expensive option. While an analog depth transducer of lower cost may be added to the system, it will require that an iTC-5 Analog Instrument Transducer Converter be installed as well. The total cost of these two items (iTC-5 and analog depth transducer) will exceed that of the DST800 Smart Transducer. Accordingly, it is recommended that an A22111 Depth/Speed/Temp Smart Transducer be installed and interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone.