Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voltage monitoring
08-23-16, 05:54 PM
Voltage monitoring
Trying to monitor input voltage to my E7d as my engines are not NMEA networked.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-16, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-16 10:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Voltage monitoring
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Gchaney,

Please note that engine systems typically report alternator output voltage, not battery voltage. Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs are designed to exclusively support reporting battery voltage from a NMEA 2000 battery monitoring device (ex. Maretron DCM100, etc.) transmitting NMEA 2000 PGN 12750 (Battery Status). That said, I have had some personal experience with the Actisense EMU-1 which reports voltage from the SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone via NMEA 2000 PGN 12750 (Battery Status). Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs are designed to report supply voltage within the MFD's diagnostic features (H0ME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->SELECT DEVICE->Select the MFD of interest from the displayed Devices list). A feature request has been submitted to consider that that MFDs and i70 MFIDs report supply voltage within the Battery 1 Voltage Data item when PGN 12750 is not present on the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. This feature request has not been included in a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software updates through v17.45.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions..
08-24-16, 10:07 AM
So no way to display voltage value be provided to the MFD?
08-24-16, 10:41 AM
Gchaney,

As indicated within my initial response (which included the command sequence to be executed), supply voltage information is available within the diagnostics data for the MFD. This is presently the only way to display supply voltage.
08-24-16, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-16 11:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
My apologies I missed it the first time I read through.

Thank you
08-24-16, 11:15 AM
You're welcome.
12-18-16, 04:42 PM
Plus 1 on this feature request