Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rudder angle display
08-24-16, 08:50 AM
Rudder angle display
Does one of the i series instruments show rudder angle?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-16, 09:17 AM
RE: Rudder angle display
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum olegreg,

The i70 MFID is designed to repeat rudder angle data ... typically supplied to the SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone from an autopilot (ex. Evolution autopilot, SPX Autopilot, etc.). Should a compatible autopilot not be installed onboard, then an iTC-5 Analog Instrument Transducer Converter and rudder reference transducer may be combined with the i70 MFID to display rudder angle data.
08-25-16, 04:09 AM
I do have the EV 400 installed. The i70 will show rudder angle even when there is no command to turn?
08-25-16, 04:25 AM
So I see the i70 shows rudder angle.
I have an es97 MFD on the bridge . Can I get that same image with there ? Adding a i70 seems redundant.
08-25-16, 08:06 AM
olegreg,

Should a rudder reference transducer have been installed and interfaced to the ACU-400 and the autopilot be powered ON, then an i70 MFID, as well as a MFD which has been interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone would have access to the rudder angle data transmitted by the autopilot. The Data application panels may be customized to display supported data items of your choice. Several of these supported data items may be represented numerically and/or graphically. Rudder angle data may be displayed both numerically and graphically. Data application panel customization is discussed in detail within Section 17.2 - Customizing the Data application of the LightHouse II MFDs Release 17 Operation Instructions.