Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECI-100 with Dual Volvo D6 Diesels
08-31-16, 06:45 AM
ECI-100 with Dual Volvo D6 Diesels
I have been reading until my eyes can't take it anymore so please help me out here.

I have a pair of 2006 D6 Volvo diesels with EVC-C. The system communicates to 2, 4" Volvo multifunction displays which gives me all necessary engine info.

I will be upgrading my electronics to the newer ES series this winter and would like to be able to read engine parameters on the Raymarine system along side my Volvo gauges.

I have no multilink hub so I assume I need to purchase the Y loom as shown in your installation instructions. The problem I have is I cannot find literature for dual engine setup. Do I require 2 ECI-100 units and 2 looms or will 1 unit read both engines?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-16, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-16 01:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: ECI-100 with Dual Volvo D6 Diesels
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Midnightsun,

Q1: I assume I need to purchase the Y loom as shown in your installation instructions.
A1: Yes. See the chart information below:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=568]

Q2: The problem I have is I cannot find literature for dual engine setup. Do I require 2 ECI-100 units and 2 looms or will 1 unit read both engines?
A2: If the engines and engine displays have been interfaced to a single common engine system bus, then only one ECI-100 would be required. However, should each engine and its corresponding engine display have been interfaced to a dedicated bus (in this case two separate engine busses), then two ECI-100s would be required.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply